How blessed we are by an incredible man whom I call husband and my children call father. I am fairly sure he is MY blessing, but for today the kids can claim him!
I can remember when I was little my dad once said about my mother 'She is not my mother." He wasn't being ugly, simply truthful. His love for her was different. His regard for her was not that of a mother (well, perhaps the mother of his children but not his personally). I think of that often. I so appreciate Scott. He is an incredible father and a true gift to our children! That being said, he is not my father.
My dad is one of the greatest men I've ever known:) I could simply say he's "A Christian" because he is. He truly lives by the word of God. As a child I thought he was perfect, as an adult I know he is not but it is rare the times he falls short. He's incredible and has always been a man of his word. It seems men of his caliber are so hard to find these days!! My dad has blessed my life for 47 years and I sure hope he's blessing me for years to come!!! Happy Fathers Day;)
Sarah posted this to her dad's facebook today. It made me smile.....
Happy Fathers Day to my dad, the person who taught me how to "make" it a great day, set up my first email(sunnysarah31), how to turn my windshield wipers on when it snows not just when it rains, not to slurp cheerios, and so many more essential to life kind of things! Most thankful for the Christian example and leader he has always been to us. Our family is blessed because of you! Love you for being you!
Our children will all grow up someday and realize what a gift they have. Scott it not perfect, good grief, who is?? But he cares perfectly. He stops is life often to take care of their wants and needs. He is a good man and a good Christian. He's a dad.

No comments:
Post a Comment