Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Zack


We are so thankful for Jamie and Victoria....they have been an answer to our many prayers!!  Above was taken at the intent to adopt party.

The only time I was sad, in the bittersweet kind of way, was during the party. Zack was telling his new mom how to use their camera. He turned to me and said, "I'm the family photographer" I smiled and said, "Every family needs one Zack, I'm so glad they have you." In his totally clueless to the world goofiness he just smiled big and said, "Yeah, I learned it all from you!". <sigh> I AM glad he learned something from me, I am glad he has positive happy memories.  But, in truth, Zack has always seen only the good and while that seems like such a great strength, it is also his greatest weakness..  I am thankful for sweet memories and of course that old green grass makes us look real good sometimes!

2 comments:

  1. Is it a case of selective memory or does he just not see the negative? I wonder about a few of my kiddos sometimes. It's great that they don't necessarily hold grudges but they can't exactly learn from mistakes either if they don't see the problem.

    You look kinda sad....I'm sorry you had to go thru this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zack only see's good in every thing.....aka..."everyone likes me" ..."everybody is my friend"...and to the scary degree "that guy's my friend cause he gave me a dollar"...he see's no bad.

      I was kinda sad, and relieved, and thankful, and exhausted, and really really grateful!! Thanks Lisa:)

      Delete