Sunday, September 29, 2013

Homecoming

Today was Homecoming at our church.  For weeks (even months) we have been planning to have this day.  It was a wonderful day.  We saw faces I haven't seen in years....they blessed us all!! But sometimes good days can also be sad days....

I think of my dad's words, "Everyday is sad day for someone and a great day for someone else."

I woke to sad news this morning and thought of my dads words.  My dear friend Janie's mother went to be with the Lord.  As I was cooking and praying and thinking about Janie I thought about Homecomings.  My first thought was Janie would miss the day and it would be so very sad for her.  My second was that today, our homecoming, was the PERFECT day for her wonderful mother to go to heaven.....for her first true homecoming.  

Sometimes life is that way.  In the middle of good is sad events.  Oh how our life is full of these times.  I am so thankful for our church family. So thankful for my brothers and sisters in Christ.  The ones who love me and my family!  I am thankful for the HOME we have in Christ. There is a home here on this earth....the church. And there is an eternal home....heaven!!

So today, this Homecoming, was a good day..... bittersweet and hard for many, encouraging and sweet for many too.....it was just as my dad says.....an "everyday". 

Praying for Janie and her sad day!!  But I have to preface that with the knowledge that Janie knows her sweet mother is in Heaven and I am sure that is a blessing, the greatest of blessings, today!!  Good and Sad.....sad for those Mrs Faye left behind.  She was so greatly loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment